Health and SafetyClick here for a printable version of this document
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The Health and Safety at Work Act etc 1974 requires all companies employing 5 or more to have a written health and safety policy. The Maldon Building Services Limited health and safety policy statement is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety and that of contractors, clients, visitors and others who may be affected by our work;
- To provide and maintain a safe place of work;
- To ensure safe handling and use of tools, equipment and materials;
- To ensure that safe working practices are followed;
- To provide safety equipment, including personal protective equipment (PPE) and ensure it is used;
- To provide safety information, instruction, training and supervision;
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks;
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- To promote an “Open door” policy on health and safety.
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.